Monday, August 16, 2010

fez: the aristocat

Much like the rest of the world, my older sister and I spent much of our childhood watching classic Disney movies, and The Aristocats was one of our very favorites. I just loved Duchess and her three darling kittens, though Marie was always my favorite (figures).

Out of sheer boredom, I decided to have a little photoshoot with my very personable tuxedo cat, Mr. Fez, and he seemed to be enjoying the chance to model. Next thing I know, he jumped up on the piano, and started striking his strongest pose. I could not help but think of that iconic scene, where Duchess is serenaded by her kittens to "Scales and Arpeggios". It is just too adorable. I bet Fez would have fit in with Duchess and her kittens just fine, if he were an early 20th century Parisian aristocat that is.


But in all seriousness, if I were you, I would go brush the dust off of your old VHS copy of this film and take another look. It is well worth it. Not only is the story adorable, but the imagery is just beautiful. It truly paints a portrait of Paris aristocracy at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment