Tuesday, August 17, 2010

laura starts a journey

Today was my little sister's first day of highschool. I remember how nervous I was walking into the building that day, thinking of the seniors as absolute anarchists. Funny how much things change and how fast time flies. Here I am, worlds away from that day in 2005, getting ready to go to Paris, watching my little sister about to start one hell of a journey. Good luck, Laura. You are about to have the time of your life.



Highschool is one of those experiences that is nothing but surreal. So much happens in such a relatively short period of time, that you leave wondering if it was all just a figment of your imagination. But it was real. It did happen. And we all survived.

Sometimes I reflect on the boy I was at my sister’s point in life, and I cannot help but laugh. I was so naïve, so unaware of what I was to become. I look at pictures of myself and I see someone else. This is not necessarily sad, its just life. People are supposed to grow up. People are supposed to move on. People are supposed to go to Paris (cough- Lauren Conrad).

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you walked in the classroom on your first day of school. You were sooooo crazy. It was an awesome, eventful, fun, trying, sometimes sad, and dramatic four years. Wouldn't have changed any of it.

    ReplyDelete