Saturday, August 28, 2010

leaving for paris

I leave tonight for France and I do not really know just how I feel about it. Of course, I am unbelievably excited, counting down the moments until the car arrives and I am off to the airport. But there is such a bittersweet element to this whole process. There is the smallest bit sadness that is hard to explain, a sadness that is coated in a sweet anxiety, which makes it seemingly illegitimate. However, I must not be somber, for I am on the cusp of such a remarkable journey.

As I am preparing to leave my home behind, it is strange to think that I will not return for 112 days, which is the longest I have ever been away. Sure, there will be much missed, but I just cannot contain my excitement. I feel as though I am about to become acquainted with a part of myself that has yet to be found.

The goodbyes have been extremely difficult, much harder than expected, much harder than last year. But goodbyes are natural. You cannot stay forever. People have to go.

Goodbye friends. Goodbye Atlanta. Goodbye Home.  


1 comment:

  1. Send me a post card! you are going to have so much fun, you will forget all about Atl...an-something.

    ReplyDelete